Welcome to the talk page!
This is a talk page. This page is strictly to be used for communication with me ONLY. Do not use it to promote your YouTube channel, or your elevator company, or any promotion. Offending posts will be removed.
If I'm not active here, there's a
slim likely chance I'll be still active on reviving the You're Skitting Me wikia, in which, if you do, please leave a message here.
If you want to reply because I've started a thread on your talk page, please reply on your talk page instead, not here. Any replies I make to threads posted here will be here, not on your talk page.
Yes, feel free to change it on the Salient fixtures page.
- Ah yes I forgot to tell you that newly registered users are only allowed to edit "semi-protected" pages if they have made contributions on Wikia for at least four days (see here for more details), but no worries, your request has been fulfilled. Thanks for the additional info about the Salient buttons.
Re: Userbox permission
Sure, just copy and paste the userbox codings from my profile's source mode.
Re: Errors on Elevator door sills guide
Re: Use of off-topic media on my profile
Of course you can use off-topic media on your profile. Everyone is free to use off-topic media on their profile.
As for the broken screenshots on my profile, I haven't remove them after I have deleted the original pictures.
Re: Unknown generic brand
Yes, you can add it to the list.
Re: New page idea
Seen the notable installations list which is now quite long. I guess you can create a new page for it: List of notable Elevators Pty. Ltd. elevator installations
Re: Johns & Waygood/Johns Perry
Sorry for late reply. I will wait till both lists are long enough to be moved to a new page.
Re: Could we have a user advertising their company here?
I have changed the page a bit by removing sentences that sounds like advertising.
Elevator companies are actually allowed to make pages about their companies as long as they don't write them to look like advertising.
Re: Could you please delete User;TheDragonFire/text-dump/1?
Re: So what is going on with Elevatorclay and their recreation of the Elevator keys article?
Clay is probably busy with school so that may be the reason why he hasn't start a new chart. The latest source code revision of that page has been pasted to your text dump page.
Re: Do you think we should have an offtopic template?
That's a good idea. You can start make it by yourself if you want.
Re: Fake account
No that wasn't me. That's just one idiot spammer who just won't giving up spamming this wiki by creating fake accounts or accounts with inappropriate names.
Just remember, if you see someone impersonating me and creating that "Numbermatics" page, it's NOT me.
- Okay then. I had my doubts anyway about that account anyway...
Regards, TheDragonFire. (Contact me | Contributions) 20:45, December 6, 2017 (UTC)
Added information in sandbox
I have uploaded the information to the draft that you sent me the other day for Dynatech. I had some problems to add photos to the gallery in the draft format, so I will do it after the article is uploaded. Hope the information is interesting and any modification don´t hesitate to ask me.
Re: A debate on administrators' power (and some other policies)
Thanks for the message you sent on my talkpage regarding administrators' power and other concerns on this wiki.
About the quick block, yes, I realized that a few of the administrators here (including myself) are quick of blocking users without warning, especially to those from non-major or smaller elevator companies regardless of their origin. This is because we were assuming they were doing "advertising" instead of creating article(s) about their company or their related products. I think from now on we will try not to block anyone else even if they're from an elevator company, as long as they do not cause troubles in here . We will try our best to let the contribute, and correcting them should they create articles about their company or their related products but not written like a wiki-style format. However, we do not want all elevator companies to have their article(s) featured here, so we often limit them by deleting them and not blocking them. As for the blocked users, I think we will going to unblock some of them (except spammers, of course).
The absence of request for adminship process
We do not have a request for adminship process since this is a relatively less busy wiki. I don't think we will going to make that sort of process since there is less chance that anyone would request for an adminship on this wiki. As for the fact that users who ask for adminship can get warned and possibly therefore blocked, it was actually an idea from one of our former administrators who was too young enough to be an admin on this wiki and couldn't think of a better idea than doing such an acceptable act. It was actually my fault for making him an admin in the past and I regret it. Now that admin is no longer active as apparently his account has been disabled due to a misuse.
Concerns about the featured article and DYK sections
The reason why the featured articles and DYK sections on the Main Page are changed by the admins without decision from the community, is because no one bothers to decide for them due to the fact that this wiki is actually less busy. If I remember correctly, we once set up a blog or a special page for everyone to decide which articles should be featured on the Main Page and to express their idea for the DYK section but unfortunately no one interested to do that so we abandon it and decided to update those sections by ourselves. I don't think anyone would be interested on deciding acticles or stuffs for the featured article and DYK sections so I don't feel like reviving that blog/special page again.
If you have any better ideas to share regarding the concerns you mentioned on my talkpage, please let me know.
- To be honest, all this was just a debate (as the topic header was). I just wanted to generate discussion on the policies above. Regards, TheDragonFire. (Contact me | Contributions) 20:34, August 22, 2018 (UTC)
- As for the Main Page, I may be willing to take over after some point (I need to check articles for some that are good enough first). Then for the quick block, I think a Wikipedia warning system could work. As for the RFA (or lack thereof), maybe a mini-RFA-like thread on a bureaucrat's talk page? Regards, TheDragonFire. (Contact me | Contributions) 20:36, August 22, 2018 (UTC)
Re: RfA and extension for the debate on admins' power
I have put you as an admin after looking at your RfA page. You are now officially the administrator of Elevatorpedia. Edit: I have also put you as an admin in the Elevator Database Wiki as your request.
Current situation of the company profile Dynatech
Hello again Dragonfire,
First at all I want to congratulate you for your new promotion to admin of elevatorpedia! With great power comes great responsability :)
I wanted to know how was the situation of the article ·dynatech sandbox" that I prepared some months ago. I´m sure that you must have a lot of extra work right now, so in case you don´t have any inconvenience, I won´t have any problem by uploading the info (I will add it in the List of non-proprietary elevator components companies). If you have some other advice, don´t hesitate to tell me.
Dynatech (talk) 10:31, October 8, 2018 (UTC)
Re: New block template
Hmm...I think you're right. I'll reword the template soon with the new code you gave to me.
Edit: Already reworded
Re: User:Dial Boy Green
I am also reluctant to block him. Just implement the "3 strike system" on him if his destructive behavior continues. The third time he does the same thing again then he will be given a 1 day ban (hopefully he will learn his lesson with that). I will comtinue to monitor him.
And guess what? He undid that "Taxi" thingy again on the Third-party elevator maintenance companies page and I removed those junks again. Unbelievable!
- User:IDLift3000 (hopefully pinging works as expected): Okay, well, this is the third time he's done it, so I've given him a final warning now. If you think I'm being unreasonable, let me know. Regards, TheDragonFire. (Contact me | Contributions) 02:44, June 15, 2020 (UTC)
A lift is a Vauxhall Zafira
- You cannot add it to the Beno page on ECW. This is only your nickname, not a nickname accepted by the community. Unlike the Elevator filming terms page, documentation about other people must be a community accepted consensus, and your nickname most certainly does not pass that. Do not add nicknames only you use to ECW articles. Regards, TheDragonFire. (Contact me | Contributions) 05:17, July 12, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Dial Boy Green vandalising ECW
I'll continue to monitor him there. If he continues to do the same crap again I'll give him a longer ban, and if that doesn't work even after been given a (much) longer ban then he'll be given a permaban.
Problem is that I will be less active starting this July 15 due to working abroad again, so there will be less chance for me to take care both EW and ECW.
- I would be happy to maintain both EW and ECW. The only thing is that I'm not an admin over there unlike here and on EDW, so my capacity to help there is limited. Regards, TheDragonFire. (Contact me | Contributions) 09:21, July 12, 2020 (UTC)
- EDIT (16/07/20): Someone else have sent him an indef blocked, both here and on ECW.
A lift enthusiast is a Vauxhall Corsa
- Read the same post above. We don't allow you to add your nicknames, since no one else uses them. Go ask ten lift enthusiasts whether they use the name, and tell me the results. I'd be surprised if even one does. Regards, TheDragonFire. (Contact me | Contributions) 21:00, July 15, 2020 (UTC)
- Take your damn Vauxhall stuff somewhere else and not on this wiki and ECW, because it gets really annoying! No wonder someone wiped your profile page on both wikis.
- Oh wait, you've been blocked indefinitely. Nevermind.
Re: Permission to run RFC on Kone vs KONE and Otis vs OTIS?
To bw honest, I'm also concerned about this topic so go ahead. Feel free to run the RFC.
Source is in danger for deletion?!?
I have one question. According to the website https://www.koreanewswire.co.kr/newsRead.php?no=895587. Is that supposed to be Sigma? Because it says “OTIS Korea” on the web source for the 10 Key Smart Elev. - DFW FAA Brianvators
- Given the manufacturing location, I bet it's either Sigma, rebranded Sigma, or Otis who've absorbed Sigma's talent and is manufacturing from that location. Regards, TheDragonFire. (Contact me | Contributions) 22:46, 27 February 2021 (UTC)
Questions regarding the Fanmade/Fanpage/Stan Edits on Elevatorpedia
Hello, On my own userpages. I wrote it about the Fanmade Schindler Fixtures called Schindler SmartTouch. It is similar to the one that ThyssenKrupp South Korea made a Smart COP Fixtures but the difference is that it uses an Linea FI GS 100, has many of the features and runs on Android OS just like PortOS.
Remember that according to Elevatorpedia policy. The rule states that everyone is Not allowed to put a fanmade elevator company, models, and fixtures for any circumstances unless they can do it on their own Userpages and not on the article.
However, If i found out that anyone is editing or creating a fanmade models on Articles will be a rollback or placed as speedy deletion and i will notify the admins about it.
I will move the page to your sandbox for you to handle as you see fit; once there, it should be safe. Fictional Places and Things Wiki (FPTW) might be willing to accept your submission.Your userspace is generally accepted to be exempt from the no fanmade content rule. That rule is there to protect our mainspace articles from misinformation. You do not need to take any action, but you might want to move it to FPTW as well, as that wiki is dedicated to fanmade elevator content. Regards, TheDragonFire. (Contact me | Contributions) 20:53, 23 March 2021 (UTC)
Response from JamariWiki
I am very sorry. I will stop inserting animated elevator pictures.
Re: JamarWiki copyright infringement?
Apologize for the rather late reply. To be honest I would like to delete most of the stolen photos from JamarWiki but unfortunately my working activities in real life right now leaves me little to almost no time to manage or contribute this wiki.. You may want to delete some of those photos if you want.