Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Co. Ltd. (Chinese: 上海三菱电梯有限公司, also knows as SMEC) is a manufacturer of elevators, escalators and moving walkways from China. A subsidiary of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation of Japan, it is based in Minhang, a town in Shanghai, China. It is one of the major and largest elevator manufacturers in China.
Shanghai Mitsubishi was established in 1987 under a joint venture consisted of four companies; Shanghai Mechanical & Electrical Investment Corporation, China National Machinery Import & Export Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), and Ryoden (holdings) Ltd. (Hong Kong, China).
Shanghai Mitsubishi initially produced rebadged Mitsubishi elevator models; these models were simply sold and branded under their own brand. Some of them were also exported to other countries. They started developing their own models in the early 2000s, with the HOPE series being one of their first independently developed models.
- HOPE-II: Traction elevator for low to mid rise residential buildings.
- HOPE-II G: Freight elevator, a successor of SG-VF.
- LEHY series:
- LEHY-II: Gearless traction elevator with smaller machine room.
- LEHY-III: Gearless compact machine room traction elevator.
- LEHY-M: High speed elevator for medium to high rise buildings.
- LEHY-M-II / LEHY-H: Medium and high speed elevator for high rise buildings. Successor of LEHY-M.
- LEHY-MRL: Machine room less elevator.
- LEHY-IIB: Bed elevator based on LEHY-II.
- Elenessa: Machine room less elevators, based on the original version of Mitsubishi Electric.
- Observation elevators
- CIC-V: Vehicle elevator
- SD-BS: Dumbwaiter
- J-Type: Escalator, based on the original version of Mitsubishi Electric.
- Series K: Escalator, possibly a successor of J-Type.
- HE-Type: "Tunnel escalator"
- Series C: Moving walkway
- SP-VF: Standard passenger elevator with variable voltage and variable frequency. Rebadged Mitsubishi model.
- GPS: Standard passenger elevator, a successor of SP-VF. Rebadged Mitsubishi model.
- GPS-CR: A variant of GPS for residential buildings in the Chinese market, jointly developed with Mitsubishi Electric of Japan.
- GPS-IIB: Bed elevator for hospitals. Rebadged Mitsubishi model.
- GPM: High speed elevator for high rise buildings. Rebadged Mitsubishi model.
- HIVF: Hydraulic passenger elevator. Rebadged Mitsubishi model.
- GPS-III: Standard passenger elevator, a successor of GPM. Rebadged Mitsubishi model.
- GPS-BIII: Bed elevator for hospitals. Rebadged Mitsubishi model.
- NOVA: Passenger elevator with smaller machine room.
- SG-VF: Freight elevator
- HEP-B: Escalators for public transport facilities
Distributors outside China
|Alfaneyah Electromechanical Company Ltd.||Saudi Arabia||Based in Jeddah|
|PT. Cahaya Cipta Abadi||Indonesia|
|Delta Elevator Company||Libya|
|Elevator Engineering & Equipment (EEE) SAL||Lebanon|
|Elevator Engineering Enterprises||United Arab Emirates|
|Eltech Engineering Co. Ltd.||Bangladesh|
|Excelift Pte. Ltd.||Singapore|
|Fourth Dimension Escalators & Elevators||Jordan|
|Global City Engineering L.L.C (GCE)||Oman|
|Lighthouse Elevator Engineering Limited||Hong Kong, China|||
|My Elevator (MYE)||Malaysia|
|Nguyen Khang Elevator||Vietnam|
|Optimized Triple E Elevators and Trading||Qatar|
|Oufu Elevators (Macau) Limited||Macau, China|||
|Platinum Development LLC||Oman|
|S.E.C. (East African) Company Limited||Tanzania|
|Shanghai Arabian Electromechanical||Saudi Arabia||Based in Riyadh|
|Shanghai Electric Middle East FZCO||Bahrain|
|Shanghai Indian Elevators||India||Serves Southern India|
|Sun Fai Engineering & Equipment Co. Ltd.||Hong Kong, China|||
|United Elevators Company||Palestine|
|PT. Wahana Elok Langgeng Lestari (WELL)||Indonesia||Since 2001|
|PT. Wahana Indah Selaras Eltraeska (WISE)||Indonesia|
Liftronic Pty. Ltd., an Australian elevator company, used to distribute and install Shanghai Mitsubishi elevators and escalators in Australia but they have stopped distributing them. Today, they mainly install SJEC elevators and escalators as well as certain Daldoss elevator models, apart from making elevators under their own name.
Notable elevator installations
- Main article: List of Shanghai Mitsubishi elevator fixtures
- Shanghai Mitsubishi's two machine room less elevator models, the LEHY-MRL and Elenessa, are based on Mitsubishi Electric's Elenessa and NEXIEZ-MRL models. In this case, the inspection control board used by elevator technicians for maintenance or emergency without having to access the shaft is installed on a box hidden behind the landing station on the top floor. The landing station has a keyhole on the bottom of the panel, which is used for accessing the control board. This was meant to save space and avoid compromising the building's interior aesthetic. In other words, a separate cabinet to house the control board is no longer needed.
Notes and references
- ↑ Wahana Elok Online (WELL) - Elevator and Escalator Specialist (archived)
- ↑ Shanghai Mitsubishi LEHY-M-II/LEHY-H brochure - Agni Elevators
- ↑ HIVF (Chinese) - Shanghai Mitsubishi (Archived)
- ↑ NOVA (Chinese) - Shanghai Mitsubishi (Archived)
- ↑ HEP-B (Chinese) - Shanghai Mitsubishi (Archived)
- ↑ Lighthouse usually install Shanghai Mitsubishi elevators for replacement of old elevators in Hong Kong.
- ↑ Shanghai Mitsubishi Traction elevator in Linfond Mansion, Wan Chai, Hong Kong - YouTube
- ↑ About us - Oufu Elevators Limited
- ↑ Like Lighthouse Engineering, Sun Fai usually install Shanghai Mitsubishi escalators or elevators for replacement of old elevators in Hong Kong.
- ↑ 土瓜灣美景樓二期上海三菱升降機 - YouTube
- ↑ About PT. WELL - Shanghai Mitsubishi Elevator Indonesia
- Official website
- Shanghai Mitsubishi Middle East Operation
- PT. Wahana Elok Langgeng Lestari (distributor in Indonesia)
|Subsidiary elevator companies|
|Full list of companies||List of elevator and escalator companies|
|Subsidiary companies||Chevalier • Express Evans • GFC • GiantKONE • Haushahn • Liftmaterial • MacGregor • Marohn ThyssenKrupp • Mashiba • Otis Electric • Shanghai Mitsubishi • Sigma Elevator Company • Xizi (Surapid • SWORD • XIOLIFT • Xizi Otis) • XJ Schindler|
|Other companies||Third-party elevator maintenance companies|