The Otis 3200 was a geared-traction elevator model produced by Otis, primarily for the Asian markets.
Otis 3200 is a geared traction passenger elevator model which is part of the Otis 3000 series. It is primarily for low to mid-rise buildings. It uses variable voltage variable frequency (VVVF) closed-loop vector control drives. It also features Pulse Width Modulation, which adjusts the voltage and frequency of the AC power supplied to the drive in real-time, therefore reduce waiting time and energy consumption.
This model was manufactured in China and was mainly sold in Asia and Middle East. It was discontinued in the late 2000s or early 2010s and was succeeded by the Otis GeN2-Regen MR and also OH 5000.
- Geared traction, with either Otis 13VTR or 18ATF machine
- 630-1350 kilograms (or 8-20 persons) capacities
- 1 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 / 2.5 meters per second speed
- Can travel up to 130 meters
- Can serve up to 36 floors
- Can have double entrances
- Center or two speed telescopic side opening doors
- Can be equipped with Remote Elevator Monitoring (REM) system
- Main article: List of notable Otis 3200 elevator installations
Notes and references
- Otis 3200 brochure (Archived)