Orona is a Spanish manufacturer of elevators and escalators founded in 1964 and currently headquartered in Hernani, Gipuzkoa, Spain. The company also operates globally with branches and distributors located in different countries. It is one of the leading Spanish elevator manufacturers that have sold its products globally.
Orona was founded in 1964 in San Sebastián as Orona, S. Coop, which was originally a manufacturer of boiler making equipment. They started making elevators in 1967 under license from Sabiem, an Italian elevator company. During this time, they made elevators with design and fixtures from Sabiem and were branded as "Orona Sabiem". In the same year Orona merged with MASTRA. In 1975, they started making their own elevators under the Orona brand after their license with Sabiem expired. By 1985, Orona was the largest elevator company in Spain. In 1989, Orona started making escalators.
In February 2016, Orona acquired EST Ascenseurs of France and Heis 1 Group of Norway. Heis 1 Group has been a distributor of Orona in Norway for 14 years and had locations in six Norwegian cities.
- Main article: Orona 3G
3G is Orona's current line of traction (machine room less and with machine room) and hydraulic elevator products.
- Main article: List of Orona elevator fixtures
- Main article: List of notable Orona elevator installations
There are numerous elevator companies in Spain which have become part of the Orona Group. They mainly serves as Orona's authorized distributor in areas where the company is based at. Some of these companies are:
- Asgi Orona (Girona)
- Ascensores Asmes
- Bayfer Orona (Madrid)
- Balear de Ascensores (Ibiza, also serves Mallorca)
- Ascensores Benedicto Rodriguez (Madrid)
- Ascensores as Burgas
- Busque Ascensores (Barcelona)
- Ascensores Cosecan (Tenerife)
- Diez Herreros
- Electra Vitoria (Álava)
- Ga-lo Orona (Barcelona)
- Mar Taller Electrico
- Ascensores Omega
- Orona Pecres
- Ascensores Sagastizabal (Zumarraga)
- Ascensores Sanchezmar (Valencia)
- Ulahi Orona (Gipuzkoa)
Internationally, Orona distributes its products through its overseas subsidiaries and a network of affiliated independent distributors. The second one was pioneered by Orona and was copied by other small elevator manufacturers trying to expand globally, such as Kleemann and Doppler.
|ACE Lifts Ltd.|
|Triangle Lift Services|
|Triple S Lift Services|
|Alti-Lift||Serves the city of Brest.|
|Loire Ascenseurs||Serves Vienne and Lyon|
|Ameeco Investment (K) Ltd.||Kenya|
|Ascensor Pvt. Ltd.||Maldives||Since 2016|
|D&M Solutions Limited||New Zealand||Electra Vitoria branded elevators only|
|Delmon Elevation Lift Installation Co. LLC||United Arab Emirates||Based in Dubai.|
|Delmon United Co.||Kuwait|
|PT. Delta Mitra Perkasa||Indonesia||This company might have stopped distributing Orona elevators.|
|Element Hiss||Sweden||Stockholm and Uppsala only (based in Lativa as Element Hiss AB SIA)|
|General Electric & Trading Co. LLC
|Gilco Global Pvt. Ltd.||India|
|Global City Engineering L.L.C
|Lao Peng Nguan Co., Ltd.||Thailand|
|LTF Liften B.V.||Netherlands||Based in Utrecht.|
|MidWestern Elevators||Ireland||Based in Limerick. They are also a distributor of Kleemann, SJEC and MacPuarsa products.|
|Myanmar Mahar Htun Company Limited||Myanmar|
|Nasco Trading LLC||United Arab Emirates|
|S.S. Lifts Ltd.||Malta|
|Solar Alert Sdn. Bhd.||Malaysia|
|PT. Sukuba Indo Jaya||Indonesia||Serves the province of Bali. They are also a distributor of LINES and China made Siglen and Fuji Electric (Fe) elevators.|
|The Lift Company Pty. Ltd.||South Africa|
|Vestner New Zealand Ltd.||New Zealand||The New Zealand subsidiary of German elevator company Vestner Aufzüge|
|Eggert Aufzuge GmbH||Germany|
|Heis 1||Norway||Acquired by Orona in 2016.|
|Heis-Tek||Norway||Acquired by Alimak Hek in 2014.|
|Länets Hiss||Sweden||Served Västernorrland only.|
|Lift-Mech Engineering Pte. Ltd.||Singapore|
|Shan On Engineering Co. Ltd.||Hong Kong, China||MRL elevators only and installed under its subsidiary Electra Vitoria.|
- Orona elevators installed by third party agents or distributors are often branded by the distributor that installed them instead by Orona, regardless of location. For example, Orona elevators installed by Liftwise in the United Kingdom are branded as "Liftwise" instead.
- Its domestic competitor is MP (Mac Phuarsa).
Notes and references
- Nuestra Historia - Orona (Archived version) (Spanish)
- Botoneras - Ascensores Polo (Archived version)
- Orona history (Spanish)
- D & M Solutions - Lifts and Elevators Christchurch
- Vestner Orona Series - Vestner New Zealand
- Shan On Engineering was taken over by Kone in Hong Kong, China from 2017.
- Shan On Engineering Co. Ltd.