The company was established in 1972 and initially made freight elevators before it switched to making platform lifts in the 1980s.
In 2014, Motala Hissar, in association with Kone launched the Kone ProSpace, a self supporting elevator with a pit of only 10 cm and can be installed in narrow staircases in both existing and newly built buildings. The model is a successor of Motala Hissar's MC6000 model.
In January 2020, the UK based The Platform Lift Company formed a partnership with Motala Hissar. The Platform Lift Company has been the sole distributor of Motala Hissar platform lifts in the United Kingdom..
- Motala 2000: Platform lift without cabin.
- Motala 6000LS: Cabin lift, can also be used for existing buildings without an elevator.
- Kone ProSpace: Self supporting machine room less elevator that can be installed in a narrow staircase, usually for existing buildings which initially didn't have an elevator. The model was launched in 2014 in association with Kone (hence it is also marketed by Kone) and it is a successor of Motala Hissar's MC6000 model due to its similar design.
- Motala MC6000: Motala's past product. Discontinued and succeeded by the Kone ProSpace.
|Arian Corporation Pte. Ltd.||Singapore|
|Arian Engineering Sdn. Bhd.||Malaysia|
|Homelift Suter GmbH||Switzerland|
|Orona Ltd.||United Kingdom|
|Rafael Accessibilitè Fermetures-RAF||France|
|Sas Kuipers Lifttechniek||Netherlands|
|The Platform Lift Company||United Kingdom|
|TM-Import||Faroe Islands, Denmark|
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport Terminal 2, Stockholm
- Sture Library, Östermalmstorg T-bana Station, Stockholm
- Kungens Kurva, Geometrivägen 3-7, Stockholm
- Högdalsgången 10, Stockholm
- Upplands Väsby, Kanalvägen 3, Stockholm
- MOOD Mall, Stockholm
- Råcksta Funänsgatan 36, Stockholm
- Högdalen Library, Stockholm
- Mäster Samuelsgatan 44, Stockholm
- Bo Hotel, Arenavägen 69, Stockholm
- Hötorget, Akademibokhandeln, Stockholm
- Huddinge Centrum, Forellvägen 14, Stockholm
- Våggatan 17A & B, Bollnäs
- Odengatan 7, Bollnäs
- Stationsgatan 10, Bollnäs
- Skogar 12, Strömstad (2013)
- Kaptensgatan 9A, Söderhamn
- E-Center, Söderhamn
- MIO, Valbo, Gävle
- Vastra Centralgatan 20B, Edsbyn
- Maltesholmsvägen 90, Hässelby
- Stationsgatan 1A, Hudiksvall
- Paradisgatan 2, Universitetshuset, Lund (2004)
- Nordby Shopping Center, Nordby
- Scandic Visby Hotel, Visby, Gotland (2004)
- Hypermarket Prisma Itäkeskus, Helsinki, Finland (2008)
- Rouskunkatu 19B, Imatra, Finland (2007)
- Rautatienkatu 14, Lahti, Finland (2009)
- Päijänteenkatu 1B, Lahti, Finland
- ABC Viipurinportii, Lappeeranta, Finland (2004)
- Liiketalo, Lappeeranta, Finland (2013)
- Kongensgate 12 & 20, Narvik, Norway
- Bodø Airport, Bodø, Norway
- Hotel Edda, Akureyri, Iceland
- H&M, Leidseplein, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Jubilee Square, Ang Mo Kio, Singapore (2011, access between 3rd and 4th floor)
- Veranda Pattaya, Pattaya, Thailand
- Mein Schiff (TUI Cruises):
- Mein Schiff 3
- Mein Schiff 4
- Mein Schiff 5 (2016)
- MS Oerd (Wagenbord)
Notes and references
| "This elevator only serves two floors." |
This article is a stub. You can help Elevatorpedia by expanding it.
|Wheelchair/platform lift companies|
|Full list of companies||List of elevator and escalator companies|
|Wheelchair/platform lift companies||Aritco • Axess Lift Solutions • Cibes Lift (Kalea Lifts • NTD Lifts) • Concord • DomusLift • Garaventa • Motala Hissar • movemanSKG • Savaria • thyssenkrupp Home Solutions|
|Other companies||Third-party elevator maintenance companies|