Millar Elevator Service Co. was an elevator company in U.S.A.
The company was founded in 1961 or earlier. Millar was once a part of Westinghouse's Independent Service Division (ISD). When Schindler bought Westinghouse's elevator division in 1989, Millar became a division of Schindler Elevator Corporation in 1990. The company was owned by Schindler, though it is unknown if it was always part of Schindler. Millar installed elevators from 1960-2000. During this time they also modernized elevators. Most of their installs used Adams, with generic indicators. Also, many of their elevators do not have Millar name plates. In 2002, Schindler and Millar merged.
- Empire State Building, New York City, NY
- Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York City, NY
- Hotel Elysee, New York City, NY
- The Blakely Hotel, New York City, NY
- Westwood Professional Building, Los Angeles, CA
- Providence Place Mall, Providence, RI
- Mayfair Mall, Wauwatosa, WI
- Saks Fifth Avenue, The Shops At Riverside, Hackensack, NJ
- Value City Department Store, Shore Mall, Egg Harbor Township, NJ (formerly Westinghouse, modernized 1996, building torn down 2013)
- Best Western Envoy Inn, Atlantic City, NJ
| "This elevator only serves two floors." |
This article is a stub. You can help Elevatorpedia by expanding it.