Kone Destination (formerly called Kone Polaris) is a destination control system that can dramatically improve vertical transportation in buildings. It can increase efficiency, reducing journey time for passenger, and increasing security for building occupants. It also has artificial intelligence to learn and forecast the traffic flows of the building. When the traffic intensity alters, the control system measures the changed traffic patterns and switches its optimization routines accordingly.
Kone Destination is available in two configurations; Hybrid and Traditional.
- Hybrid: Destination panels are only found on the main floor, while other floors have conventional landing call buttons. In addition, the elevator cars have conventional floor buttons inside, but they are automatically disabled when the elevator is serving floors that are equipped with destination panels. This is particularly beneficial for buildings with heavy up-peak and for improving traffic flow from leaving the busiest floors.
- Traditional: Destination panels are installed on all floors and there are no visible floor buttons inside the elevator car. This configuration is designed to provide the best service for all traffic conditions in the building; from up-peak, lunchtime to down-peak as well as quieter hours. It is also suitable for buildings with complex lobby arrangements and high traffic peaks.
Kone Destination is mainly used in office buildings, but it can also be used in other buildings like hotels, shopping centers and even residential buildings.
Kone Destination also works for modernization. It is possible to adapt the system on existing car group during the modernization period with an optional secure overlay system, even if the old elevators were not made by Kone.
The current fixtures/signalization systems used on elevators with Kone Destination are the KSS 570, KSS 800, and KSS 900. In Europe and Asia Pacific, the KSS 800 and 900 are used, while in North America the KSS 570 and 900 are used. There is also the Kone Touchscreen panel, known as KSP 858 and KSP 978P.
In Asia Pacific, KDS 800 is combined with KDS 300 and KDS Design fixtures.
Main article: List of notable Kone Destination elevator installations
- Kone Destination is the fifth type of destination dispatch system installed in Hong Kong.
- It also meets the Hong Kong's "Design Manual - Barrier Free Access 2008 (BFA 2008)" standard, which was revised in September 2015 for destination dispatch as well, while voice announcements are provided in Cantonese, Putonghua and English.
- It works quite similarly to Schindler PORT because they have quite a bit of similarities like security feature, for example.
Notes and references
- KONE Elevator Glossary - KONE Polaris™ DCS
- All the floor buttons are hidden in the cabinet and are only used for fire service
- Kone Polaris brochure
- KONE KSS 800 and KSS 900 Signalization Brochure
- "Design Manual - Barrier Free Access 2008 (BFA 2008)" - Corrigendum (September 2015), Buildings Department, HKSAR, China.
- Kone Destination - Kone U.S.
|Destination dispatch elevator|
|Main article||Destination dispatch|
|Systems by manufacturers||AGILE (TK Elevator, formerly DSC) • Compass / CompassPlus / Compass 360 (Otis) • Destination / Polaris (Kone) • Destination Oriented Allocation System (DOAS) (Mitsubishi Electric) • Destination Selection Control (DSC) (thyssenkrupp) • Destination Selecting System (Hyundai) • EZShuttle (Fujitec) • FIBEE (Hitachi) • FLOORNAVI (Toshiba) • Miconic 10 (Schindler) • The PORT Technology (Schindler) • SchindlerID (Schindler)|