EM Services Pte. Ltd. (or simply EM) is a company based in Singapore which involved in estate management.
EM Services was established in 1988 under a joint venture between the Housing and Development Board (HDB) and Keppel Land Limited. Their elevator services division started in 1993 which their goal was to install elevators as well as replace and refurbish older elevators in HDB estates under the Main Upgrading Programme/Interim Upgrading Programme (MUP/IUP). These elevators used parts and machinery made by Kaneko Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (KM) (Japanese: ケーエム/金子製作所) from Japan and were assembled and installed by EM Services under the EM brand; their logo is always seen on the car operating panel but the machinery bears the KM brand.
In 2008, EM began installing Shenyang Brilliant (BLT) elevators from China, mainly for new high-rise HDB blocks which are typically 40 storeys high. Like the KM elevators, these BLT elevators are branded as EM. They also maintained KM and Dong Yang elevators. Nowadays, EM install and maintain elevators in HDB estates under their subsidiary, EM Engineering.
Notable elevator installations in Singapore
Kaneko (KM) elevators
- Block 32 Chinatown HDB (replacement from Marryat & Scott? elevator)
- Block 540 and 542 Bedok HDB
- Block 8 Chin Swee Road HDB
- Block 7 (multi storey car park) and 37 Rumah Tinggi HDB
- Block 44 Tanglin Halt HDB
- Block 49 Stirling Road HDB (replacement from 1950s Schindler? elevator)
- Block 28 and 90 Bukit Merah HDB
- Block 410 and 412 Pandan Gardens HDB (replacement from 1970s Toshiba elevators)
- Block 111 and 114 Taman Jurong HDB (replacement from 1970s Hitachi elevators)
- Block 202, 205 and 206 Boon Lay Place HDB
- Block 190 Toa Payoh HDB (replacement from 1970s Express Lift elevators)
- Block 327 and 348 Ang Mo Kio HDB
- Block 82 MacPherson HDB
- Block 90 Circuit Road HDB
- Block 32 Whampoa HDB (replacement from unknown elevator)
Shenyang Brilliant (BLT) elevators
- For more installations, Please refer to Shenyang Brilliant Elevator.
- Block 201 Jurong East HDB
- Block 416 Clementi HDB
- Block 161, 168 Bishan HDB
- Block 220, 259 Ang Mo Kio HDB
- Block 251 Yishun HDB
- Block 133 Bukit Merah HDB (replacement from 1970s Marryat & Scott elevator)
- Block 28 Ghim Moh Valley HDB
- The fixtures used in the KM elevators were made by Dewhurst, which consisted of US90-15 push buttons and ULS47H LED floor indicators. For the Shenyang BLT elevators, they use BLT's own hexagonal stainless steel push buttons (with raised frame, braille, and illuminating halo and tactile) and Dewhurst's ULS47H floor indicators.
Notes and references
|Major elevator and escalator companies|
|Full list of companies||List of elevator and escalator companies|
|Operating||Fujitec • Hitachi • Hyundai • Kone • Mitsubishi Electric (Shanghai Mitsubishi) • Otis (Otis Electric • Sigma) • Schindler • thyssenkrupp • Toshiba|
|Defunct||Dover Elevators • Express Lift • Orenstein & Koppel • Thyssen • Westinghouse|
|Other companies||Third-party elevator maintenance companies|