|Constructions industrielles de la Méditerranée S.A.|
1856 (La Seyne, France)
La Seyne, France
Today, their escalators are manufactured in China by their Chinese subsidiary CTE. Maintenance activities of their escalators for other countries have stopped since 2009 except China and Singapore.
CNIM started out in 1856 as Société Nouvelle des Forges et Chantiers de la Méditerranée (FCM), a shipbuilding company founded in La-Seyne-sur-Mer in France. In 1966, FCM was taken over by the Herlicq Group and was renamed to CNIM. Two years later, they began making escalators for the Paris metro networks.
In 1982, CNIM was contracted to supply escalators for the Hong Kong MTR network until 1998.
In 2009, their escalator maintenance for other countries was sold except China and Singapore. However, CNIM continues to make escalators.
- Confluence Mall, Lyon, France
- Lyon St Exupery Airport (Terminal 1, 2 and 3), Lyon, France
Escalators and moving walks
- Some stations of Beijing Subway, Beijing (1996)
- Wangfujing Station
- Paris Metro, Paris (since 1968)
- Most stations in MTR Tsuen Wan Line, Island Line, Tung Chung Line, West Rail Line
- Some stations in MTR East Rail Line and Kwun Tong Line
- Queen Mary Hospital
- The Center, Sheung Wan (1998)
- Infinitus Plaza, Sheung Wan (4 of 8 units modernized with Kone EcoMod in 2018)
- Wan Chai Computer Center, Wan Chai (modernized with Kone EcoMod in 2017-2018)
- Central Mid-Levels Escalators, Central (1993, being replaced by Anlev Elex in 2018-2023)
- Hong Kong International Airport (1998)
- Mass Rapid Transit (MRT):
- Downtown MRT Line (2013, Stage 1; 2015, Stage 2; 2017, Stage 3)
- Marina Bay MRT Station (Circle Line Extension) (2012)
- Jurong East MRT Station (2011, installed as part of Jurong East Modification Project)
- Orchard Road Pedestrian Underpass (in front of Tangs Plaza)
- Brussels Metro, Brussels, Belgium
- Montreal Metro, Montreal, QC, Canada
- Budapest Metro, Budapest, Hungary
- Ma On Shan Plaza, Ma On Shan, Hong Kong (replaced with Schindler escalators in 2017-2018)
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Terminal 2D, E and F, Cengkareng, Banten, Indonesia (1991-2013, replaced into Otis XO 508 and XOP units)
- Of the two escalator maintenance facilities left (China and Singapore), Singapore is CNIM's largest maintenance facility, with only 38 employees servicing 202 units.
- Their elevator and escalator service operations in Canada has been taken over by Kone in 2011.
- In Hong Kong, CNIM escalators were maintained by CNIM Hong Kong since 1986. However, it was shut down in 2012 and the maintenance contract was passed over to Chevalier (the distributor of Toshiba elevators) or Kone.
Notes and references
- ↑ "【新好還是舊好? – 通力EcoMod™ 自動梯優化改造】究竟新好還是舊好？聰明的你、愛美的你，當然是選擇新的啦。我所指的是新的自動梯啊 😎！", Facebook page: KONE Hong Kong.
- ↑ "大家近期去灣仔電腦城時有否發覺大堂的自動梯變得時尚美觀之餘，乘搭舒適度大為提升? 這是因為該商場採用了通力EcoMod™自動梯優化改造方案進行全面升級。", Facebook page: KONE Hong Kong.
- ↑ 於2015年，機電署提出將當時已有22年歷史的中環至半山自動梯系統作全面更換。據機電署今年的招標結果網頁顯示，相關自動梯由本地公司「安力」中標，分階段更換並於2023年完工。 (Facebook page: hkelev.com)
- ↑ The longest outdoor escalator system in the world. The 3E and 4E were demolished when the 100QRC (elevators and escalators installed by Schindler) completed in 2006. 1E and 2E were transferred to Urban Renewal Authority and being a part of the Central Market Revitalization Project.
- ↑ (R) CNIM Moving Walk at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Terminal 2
- ↑ Kone acquires CNIM's elevator and escalatir service operations in Canada.