|Armor Elevator Company|
80 Maiden Ln, New York, New York, United States
Armor Elevator Company (Canadian division called Armor Elevator Canada Limited, not to be confused with Armour Elevator Company) was an elevator company based in New York, NY. They made their elevator parts, and they sold their fixtures, and probably other parts to other companies.
Armor Elevator Co. was founded in 1935. In 1981, the United States division of Armor was bought by Kone as a mean of entering the American market. It became Armor KONE for a short period. The Canadian division of Armor was bought by Schindler in 1982.
- New York Public Library Northern Herald Square, New York City, NY
- 141 West 41st Street, New York City, NY
- Macy's in Broadway Mall, Hicksville, NY
- JCPenney Boulevard Mall, Amherst, NY
- Broadhollow Plaza, Farmingdale, NY
- Hospital Road Professional Center, Patchogue, NY
- Southampton Hospital, Southampton, NY
- The Sutter Grant Building, San Fransisco, CA
- Rolling Meadows Library, Rolling Meadows, IL
- 30 Courthouse Square, Rockville, MD
- 911 Silver Spring Ave., Silver Spring, MD
- The Lady Luck Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
- Las Vegas Club, Las Vegas, NV
- High Point Mall, Mississauga, ON
- Roy Thompson Hall, Toronto, ON
- Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, Niagara Falls, ON
- Ellis Place, Kelowna, BC
Hong Kong, China
Yu Hing Mansion and Wallock Mansion, Sheung Wan (1979-1980, modernized by Thyssen in 2000)
- 22 Stanley Street, Central (1979, modernized by Kone in the early 1990s)
Man Man Building, 43A-45 Jardine's Bazaar, Causeway Bay (1980, modernized by ThyssenKrupp in the 2000s)
- Lok Kui Industrial Building, Kwun Tong (1973)
- Armor elevators were also imported to Hong Kong, China. In Hong Kong, Armor elevators are maintained by KONE Elevator Hong Kong Ltd. or Ben Fung Engineering Co. Ltd. (a division of Kone Hong Kong), but only a few of them remains in Hong Kong.
Notes and references
| "This elevator only serves two floors." |
This article is a stub. You can help Elevatorpedia by expanding it.